Entrepreneurial Internship in the Outdoor Recreation Industry
Sawtooth Adventure Company offers a variety River Rafting Trips in Idaho and we are looking for a summer intern. If a summer in the Idaho mountains gaining valuable business, recreation, and hospitality management experience sounds good to you, apply for the SAC internship.
The SAC Intern is exposed to nearly every aspect of the company. Due to the intimate size of Sawtooth Adventure Company, our entrepreneurial internship offers you the opportunity to see all aspects of what it takes to run your own outdoor recreation business.
Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters, who are able to see the big picture, yet still pay close attention to details. Owning your own business requires flexibility, creativity, and drive, so interns must be able to go with the flow while anticipating problems and responding to the unexpected.
- Excellent outdoor industry reference
- You will learn the good, the bad, and the ugly of owning/operating a business in the Outdoor Recreation Industry
- Guide Training: We take training and safety seriously. When we get done with you, you will have solid river skills.
- A 5-day Guide Training trip on the Salmon River. We take training and safety seriously. When we get done with you, you will have solid river skills.
- Friends and Family Discount of 15% on all trips.
- 30% discount at Palmer’s Cafe
- Relationships and contacts for a lifetime
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Enjoys using a computer and has the desire to learn about online marketing.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to organize multiple, complex tasks
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent customer service skills
Dates: May- July
Undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students with a minimum 3.0 GPA may apply.
Professor reference required.
Receiving College Credits:
We will work with you and your college to fulfill all internship requirements required to receive credit.
To apply, please prepare the following for your application:
- Cover letter and resume including three references (academic and employment only, no personal references please)
- Call 1-866-774-4644. We want to talk to you.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org