Stand Up Paddle the Sawtooths
Join Sawtooth Adventure Company and learn the fastest growing sport in the world. Sawtooth Adventure Company offers Instruction on our river-specific boards that are stable, safe and easy to learn for all ages and abilities.
Sawtooth Adventure Company is proud to offer Glide Paddle Boards for use on Redfish,Little Redfish and Stanley Lake. These durable, high performance paddle boards are the best of the best. Daily and weekly rentals available.
Book This Trip
RiverSUP Program Details
Join Sawtooth Adventure Company and learn the fastest growing water sport in the world. This program is instructional in nature and great for active teens and adults. SAC’s river specific SUP boards are designed to be safe, stable and easy to learn.
Meeting Times – Departs upon reservation. Reservations Required.
Location – Sawtooth Adventure Company 62 Highway 75, Lower Stanley
Season – Approx. July 1st – October 1st
Duration – 3-5 Hours
Activity Level – Active
Age Requirements – 8+
Includes – All River SUP Equipment, wetsuit, booties, helmet and PFD.
What to Bring – Please dress in non-cotton clothing and bring a jacket, sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, river sandals or secure footwear.
Cancellation Policy – 50% Deposit required to reserve your trip. This deposit is fully refundable up to 48 hours before your trip.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world. The reason…easy to learn, fun core workout and a great way to spend a day on the water. SAC’s SUP Program was designed by SAC owner, Jared Hopkinson. Jared drew from his experience as an ACA whitewater kayak instructor and outdoor educator for both NOLS and the U of Utah Outdoor Program to create a teaching method that works for all ages and abilities.
Can I RiverSup?
SAC RiverSUP program is great for adults and teens looking for an active adventure. Paddlers will learn balance, correct stroke technique, river safety, basic hydrology and rapid classification. Following completion of the RiverSup program students will have adequate knowledge and experience to safely explore Class I and II river sections.
1. RiverSUP students will meet at the SAC headquarters in Lower Stanley to meet thier instructor and receive all SUP and river equipment.
2. SUP students will participate in a ‘dry-land’ clinic where proper skills and technique will be demonstrated and practiced.
3. Following a detailed river-side safety clinic and hydrology discussion, students will launch on the Salmon River from SAC HQ.
4. SUP instructor will demonstrate and work with students on proper technique and river safety.
5. Students will paddle through mild Class I and II water, explore natural hot springs, enjoy a riverside picnic and take in the world-class Sawtooth Mountain scenery.
Photos Coming Soon