New Sun Valley Rafting Webpage & Booking Tool
After reliving the past 5 years on the Salmon River & in the Sawtooths by sifting through hundreds of images of Idaho River Rafting, Sun Valley Rafting, Idaho Mountain Biking, Sun Valley Fly Fishing I finally have a finished product!
Let me introduce you to the new Sawtooth Adventure Company Website and Online Booking Tool
Take the leap…and join SAC for the Ultimate Family Adventure
Thanks for an amazing summer of Idaho Rafting
The leaves are changing, there is snow in the forecast and rumors of La Nina returning with a vengeance. Before we completely forget about the warm Idaho sun, crystal clear waters of the Salmon River and the silence of the Frank Church Wilderness… We want to thank you.
2011 Annual Kids Trip
The SAC crew would like to thank all of the new friends we made during the 2011 rafting season. All in all… It was the most successful summer, ever!
Why SAC? The difference is in the details
One of the most common questions we receive from inquiring guests is…
“Why Sawtooth Adventure Company?”
Obviously we think SAC is the best in the business, but then again… We own the operation. There is a fine line between tooting our own horn and explaining why Sawtooth Adventure Company is the best decision for your Family Rafting Adventure. In the end when choosing a commercial outfitter the devil is in the details.
- #1 in Idaho – The fact that TripAdvisor ranked Sawtooth Adventure Company as the #1 tour in Idaho under Top-Rated things to do in Idaho speaks loudly.
- Experience – On our Sun Valley Rafting Trips in Stanley- SAC has been in business for 11 summers, longer than the competitiion. While they claim 25+ years, the reality is their name is 25 years old, but all the owners/managers are new in the last 7 years.
- We are what we do – Family Rafting Trips- raising a young rafter (10 years old) we completely understand what is necessary to make it a fun, safe and enjoyable experience for your kids as well as parents.
- Safety – Our number #1 concern. SAC has safely hosted 20,000 kids and adults down Idaho’s Salmon River. All SAC guides have experience in wilderness travel, wilderness emergency medicine and swiftwater rescue. SAC guides live to run the Class IV High Adventure Trips and when the water is running high and the rapids are pumping…..nothing replaces experience.
- Guides – SAC guides are professionals. They consist of college grads, school teachers, master students and collegiate athletes. They are required to participate in an annual, week-long wilderness river training trip as well as a 3-day training for our Sun Valley Rafting Trips.
- Quality Equipment – When running wilderness river trips quality equipment is paramount. SAC replaces its equipment on a regular basis. This ensures all the gear required to keep you safe and having fun is in top-notch shape.
- Reputation – SAC has a reputation of a professionally ran, top quality service. This reputation began years ago when SAC owners graduated with a degree in Commercial Recreation Management. Today this reputation continues through our great guides, safe trips, huge number of return clientele and unmatched customer service.
Whether its your first experience on a wild river, or your 50th, give Sawtooth Adventure a try and we guarantee you’ll be back for more.
An amazing adventure awaits…
Sun Valley Idaho – Family Fun Activities
Most people know Sun Valley Resort offers world renowned snow skiing. But, for those in the know…..it truly shines as a mountain getaway for a summer family adventure.
The Ketchum & Sun Valley area is like Disneyland for the active outdoor family. Miles of paved bike paths connect dozens of outdoor activities guaranteed to match your family’s adventurous expectations. Not to mention the plethora of activities in the surrounding mountains. Sun Valley Resort is the perfect luxurious home base to explore the rugid Boulder, White clouds, Smokey and Sawtooth Mountains.
Few destinations offer such a wide variety of family friendly activities all while enjoying the relaxed pace and high end amenities of this rocky mountain town.
Here are just a few of the family friendly adventures found in the Stanley, Ketchum/Sun Valley Area
Stanley, Idaho- The Ultimate Family Destination
Lately I find myself explaining to potential clients across the globe why Stanley, Idaho is such a great family destination.
First, in an effort to offer full transparency… I not only make my lively hood catering to family’s adventurous desires, but I am also the Stanley Chamber of Commerce President. So if you are wondering if I am biased? Well… Yes, but I can also validate my opinion.
Like many of my clients I am always looking to exceed last years family vacation. To my wife’s dismay, I am a 34 year old kid. I love to play outside and can rival any 12 year old’s appetite for fun and adventure. I appreciate the common comforts, but also seek unique off-the-beaten-path locals that host a variety recreational opportunities, all while being safe and relaxing. I love finding a place that should be the next Jackson Hole or Moab… But is lucky enough to be overlooked by the development monster.
Stanley is a very unique place. It is like no other place in the world with its amazing rivers, endless trails, hundreds of mountain lakes and a variety of natural hot springs. No other town can boast such a magical confluence of the Sawtooth Mountains (American Alps) and the Salmon River of No return (longest free flowing river in the US) all smack dab in the middle of the largest wilderness in the United States.
Families can raft the Salmon, hike the Sawtooths, explore Redfish Lake, bike smooth singletrack, ride a horse through the wilderness, fish for trout and soak in natural hotsprings. All while enjoying a variety historic lodges, mountain ranches, riverside cabins, restaurants and shops.
Give us a call if you need help planning a vacation in this amazing valley. 1.866.774.4644